Job Title: Substitute Teacher
Grades: Pre-K – 2nd
School Year: 2018-2019
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma – co-located in the Academy Central Building.
Compensation: Competitive daily rate.
School Bell Times: 7:30am – 2:35pm
Shift Type: Full-time, 193 working days
(173 student days; 14 days summer PD; 4 days Professional In-Service; 2 days P/T Conference)
We are currently accepting applications for Substitute Teachers for Pre-k, Kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade for the 2018-19 school year. We seek culturally competent staff members who understand our history and embrace our vision and mission of Black Excellence.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
• Demonstrate self-discipline and initiative.
• Ability to teach in a continuous improvement and collaborative environment with a lead teacher.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Goal-oriented and consistent follow-through.
• Embody the highest level of professionalism; committed to timeliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Believe in the value, worth and potential of all students.
• Build deep and caring relationships with students and their families.
• Set and hold high expectations for student academic achievement and behavior.
• Model and set example of excellence for students.
• Assist in maintaining a classroom environment that is safe, engaging and joyful for students.
• Conduct learning exercises with small groups of students.
• Guide students in working and playing harmoniously with other students.
• Foster good etiquette, eating habits and table manners in students.
• Collaborate with lead teacher, work with small groups of students to reinforce material.
• Assist in conducting student assessments.
• Administer minor first aid to sick and injured students.
• Support and manage student behavior effectively.
• Support students’ use of technology in the classroom to prepare them to engage innovatively in a 21st century world.
• Monitor student groups engaged in hands-on, project-based learning to drive students understanding of their role as local and global citizens.
• Encourage in students the spirit of entrepreneurship and leadership to prepare them to transform their local and global communities.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
GLA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against, or in favor of, applicants or employees based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status protected under federal, state or local law.